兰州一中 2015-2016-1 学期期中考试 高二英语
说明：本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题）两部分。满分 100 分，考试时间 100 分钟。答案写在答题卡上，交卷时只交答题卡。 第 I 卷（选择题） 第一部分： (共三节，满分 50 分) 第一节 阅读理解（共 10 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） A I was waiting for a phone call from my agent. He had left a message the night before, telling me that my show was to be cancelled. I called him several times, but each time his secretary told me that he was in a meeting and that he would call me later. So I waited, but there was still no call. Three hours passing by, I became more and more impatient. I was certain that my agent didn’t care about my work, and he didn’t care about me. I was overcome with that thought. I started to shout at the phone, “Let me wait, will you? Who do you think you are?”At that time I didn’t realize my wife was looking on. Without showing her surprise, she rushed in, seized the phone, tore off the wires, and shouted at the phone, “Yeah! Who do you think you are? Bad telephone! Bad telephone!” And she swept it into the wastebasket. I stood watching her, speechless. What on earth?? She stepped to the doorway and shouted at the rest of the house, “Now hear this! All objects in this room – if you do anything to upset my husband, out you go!” Then she turned to me, kissed me and said calmly, “Honey, you just have to learn how to take control.” With that, she left the room. After watching a crazy woman rushing in and out, shouting at everything in sight, I noticed that something in my mood(情绪) had changed. I was laughing. How would I have trouble with that phone? Her antics helped me realize I had been driven crazy by small things. Twenty minutes later my agent did call. I was able to listen to him and talk to him calmly. 1. Why did the author shout at the telephone? A. He was mad at the telephone. C. He was anxious about his wife B. He was angry with his agent. D. He was impatient with the secretary.
2. What did the author’s wife do after she heard his shouting? A. She said nothing B. She shouted at him.
C. She called the agent 3. What made the author laugh? A. His own behavior. C. His changeable feelings
D. She threw the phone away
B. His wife’s suggestion D. His wife’s sweet kiss.
4. What does the underlined word “antics” refer to? A. Smart words C. Surprising Looks B Every kid wishes to be an adult. But now as grown-ups, some adults find they cannot leave childhood behind. They become "kidults" (kid+adult). Being a kidult has become a lifestyle-choice among young people across Asia. Some kidults collect toys they once played with. Hello Kitty, Garfield, and Snoopy have many adult fans around the world. It is not unusual to see a 20-something woman with a big, Garfiel d-shaped cushion on her sofa or a Hello Kitty mobile phone accessory.(配件) Other kidults still enjoy children's stories and fairy tales. For example, Bloomsbury even published the Harry Potter novels with an adult cover. That way, no one else on the subway will know that an adult is actually reading a children's book! "Kidults can be like vitamins to society. Adults who value their childhood and hold on to pure, child-like emotion may be needed in such a rough and dry society," said Lee Sojung, professor of Foreign Studies at Hankuk University(韩国外国语大学). He added that kidult culture may fill the generation gap between adults and kids. It could give children and their parents books, movies, and cartoon shows to enjoy together. He may be right. Tim Greenhalgh, a professor , explained that some kidults just refuse to grow up. They value childhood because life in a busy and stressful city frightens them. Kidults would like to forget their age and openly show their fear of society and adulthood. 5. We can infer from the article that _________. A. Kidults miss their childhood so much that they can't give up their toys B. Bloomsbury knows some kidults don't want people to know that they are kidults C. Kidults like to have vitamins very much D. Some toys are so interesting that even adults like them very much 6. According to the author, being a kidult is good in some way EXCEPT that _______. A. it can improve the relationship between parents and their kids
B. Unusual actions D. Anxious feelings
B. it can help kidults feel relaxed C. it is helpful to solve some social problems D. it can make people loyal to one's parents 7. According to the writer, _______. A. being a kidult is nothing wrong C. our society is very dull C Almost everyone accepts the fact that crime can never be wiped out entirely. Thus control of crime becomes the focus of police and government around the world. The question lawmakers must answer is, “Which system of criminal punishment works best for society?” Each country has developed its own ideas for solution to this question, and these solutions then determine how criminals are punished under different systems. However, none of the current system in use has proved 100 percent effective. There are many ideas abo ut punishment of criminals. Some systems look only to (倾向于) get retribution (惩罚) against criminals. These systems work to frighten criminals away from repeating a crime in the future. These systems also try to deter (威慑) others in society by using the criminal as an example of what can happen to a person if he or she is caught committing crimes. Rehabilitation ( 悔过 ) is another philosophy by which many systems of punishment operate. The goal of these systems is to return a former criminal to society after a required period of treatment and training, usually in prisons. The idea is to help change the person's behavior and approach so that he or she becomes a law-abiding citizen. Capital punishment is another form of punishment which systems use in extreme criminal cases, sometimes involving such crimes as a murder, rape, and violent theft. In these cases, the person is put to death. Today, capital punishment is used in relatively few countries. Many countries have done away with it. In other words, capital punishment remains only in officially law books but is rarely used. However, capital punishment remains in use in some countries including the United States. 8. The police around the world usually concentrate their attention on_______ . A. how to catch the person who commits crimes B. how to punish the person who commits crimes C. how to control crimes D. how to determ ine the system of punishment of criminals
B. kidults have mental problems D. some people can never grow up
9. Different purposes of the systems of criminal punishment are mentioned in the passage except_________ .
A. to frighten criminals and stop them from committing crimes again B. to warn others in society not to commit crimes C. to reform criminals and help them return to society D. to help criminals get some knowledge of law 10. Which of the following is NOT true? A. Many countries including the USA have got rid of capital punishment. B. In some countries capital punishment can only be found in law books, but it is hardly used. C. Capital punishment is only used in extreme criminal cases. D. Some countries including China still use capital punishment 第二节（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Many people think of guys as being carefree when it comes to their app earance. But in fact, a lot of guys spend plenty of time in front of the mirror. They care just as much as girls do about their body image. Body image is a person's opinions and feelings about his or her own body and physical appearance. its imperfections. 12 Here are some ideas. Recognize your strengths. Different body types are good for different things. What does your body do well in? Maybe your speed, strength, or coordination makes you better than others at a certain sport. That may be basketball, table tennis, mountain biking, dancing, or even running. Or perhaps you have non－sports skills, like drawing, painting, singing, playing a musical instrument, writing, or acting. 13 Exercise regularly. Exercise can help you look good and feel good about yourself. Good physiques (体形) don't just happen. 14 A healthy habit can be as simple as 11 You appreciate your body for its capabilities and accept
exercising twenty minutes to one hour three days a week. Workouts can also lift your spirits. Respect your body! Practicing good habits—regular showering; taking care of your teeth, hair, and skin; wearing clean clothes, and so on—can help you build a positive body image.
Your body is just one part of who you are. Your talent for comedy, a quick
wit ( 智 慧 ), and all the other things make you unique. So try not to let small imperfections take over. A. Use this as an opportunity to discover what you're good at. B. Be yourself. C. Having a positive body image means feeling satisfied with the way you look. D. Just explore talents that you feel good about. E. They take hard work, regular workouts, and a healthy diet. F. The good news is that self－image and body image can be changed. G. So, what can you do to develop a positive body image? 第三节 完形填空(共 20 小题; 每小题 1 分, 满分 20 分)
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 I sat in the chair reflecting on the past year. At that time, my came into the room. Charley took one look at my face and she could off in another world. Charley said, “You have that you were 19 18 16 17 Charley I was
on your face! Tell me what
”. “Well, Charley,” I replied, “I was listening to a song on the 20 you have done over the last year. When I 21 on the
radio that asked
year, I’ve realized I have had such good fortune, with a few bumps (碰撞) along the way.” Charley immediately asked, “Tell me about the three things that most during this year.” I sat thinking if I had to 23 only three things that influenced me, what 22 you the
would they be? After a few minutes, I said, “OK, here are the three things that influenced me the most: My family. Throughout the year I had many family were always there years I have 26 25 24 , but my
support and encouragement. My friends. Over the 27 29
my dreams and my goals with my friends. Some goals I have 28 friends like you always supported and 30
and other goals I have not.
me. My colleagues. I have worked with some been very 31
people over the last year. I have
to have the opportunity to work with these excellent people over
the last year.” Charley smiled and said, “Do you realize that everything you have said has one thing in 32 ?”
“What are you saying, Charley?” I asked. She replied, “One common thing is 33 . Neither the material things in your
life, nor your job has had the most meaning in your life. It is the people in your life that have made the biggest 34 in your life!” 35 , and while our jobs provide the means
I smiled. Material things are not
of existence for us, the important things in life are the people who touched our lives. 16. A. sister 17. A.argue 18. A. look 19. A. doing annoying 20. A. where 21. A. call 22. A. influenced 23. A. write 24. A. plans achievements 25. A. receiving 26. A. shared 27. A. set 28. A. But 29. A. accepted encouraged 30. A. stupid 31. A. fortunate 32. A. character 33. A. effort 34. A. choice 35. A. useful unnecessary 第 II 卷（非选择题） 第二部分（共两节 , 满分 25 分） 第一节 单词拼写(一空一词 共 15 小题,每小题 1 分,满分 15 分) 36. Being _____ （暴露）to sunlight for too much time will do harm to one’s skin. 37. He received a prize at the graduation________ （典礼） of the university. 38. It’s ________（非法的） to buy cigarettes in Britain if you’re under 16.
B. classmate B. suggest B. appearance B. thinking
C. mother C. tell C. mark C. listening
D. friend D. wonder D. mask D.
B. that B. talk B. demanded B. pick B. experiences
C. what C. insist C. entertained C. get C. challenges
D. why D. reflect D. motivated D. own D.
B. expecting B. provided B. realized B. Meanwhile B. satisfied
C. winning C. connected C. failed C. Otherwise C. replaced
D. offering D. compared D. scored D. Unless D.
B. brave B. miserable B. store B. spirit B. difference B. important
C. amazing C. unhappy C. common C. motivation C. problem C. practical
D. ordinary D. surprised D. nature D. people D. progress D.
39. If it is ________（方便） to you I’ll be with you next Tuesday. 40. The house is situated in very pleasant __________（周围环境） 41. She _____ _（故意） ignored me when I passed her in the street. 42 .You were _______(控告) of ignoring your duty. Who charged you with such a crime? 43. The journalist went out with a __________(专业) photographer. 44.I have to remind myself ___________ (不断地)that I am really in AD 3008. 45.Television keeps us ___________ (通知) of the lates t news, and it also provides us with entertainment . 46. Our monitor and I ,_________(代表) our class, delivered a speech yesterday. 47. He got hurt during the football match and the_________ （伤害）was serious. 48. Their city has been under ____________ （建设 since last year. 49. Tom’s mother died two days ____________（在?之前） to his arrival. 50. She opened the door __ _________（谨慎地） so as not to wake the baby. 第二节 (共 10 小题,每小题 1 分,满分 10 分) 阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容或括号内单词的正确形式 There was a time _____(51) I began to suffer from depression. My parents thought as I had always been a good child, this was temporary. ______ (fortunate) (52) , it was not to be so. Finally, I refused to attended classes with myself _______ (shut) (53) in my room. The examination was approaching, but I couldn’t concentrate _____(54) my study. ______ ((leave ) (55) alone in my little room, I felt depressed. One morning, after a particularly severe lecture fro m my father, I went to school. At the school gate, our headmaster called me. Then came the ___________ ( precious ) (56) moment in my life. She said she __________ (notice) (57) a big chan ge in me and wondered why. She took my hands in_______( she)(58) , _________ ( listen)(59) patiently as I mentioned my worries. Then she hugged me as I swept. Months of frustration and loneliness disappeared in her motherly hug. No one had tried to understand what the real problem was except the headmaster. It was the headmaster who helped me out simply by listening and hugging ______(60) left a deep impression on me. 第三部分 写作（共两节，满分 25 分） 第一节 短文改错 (共 10 小题，每小题 1 分,满分 10 分) 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（/\） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意：1、每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2、只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分 It’s great pleasure for me to make a speech here. With a new term come , we are happy to be back at school and hope to see our school taken on a new look. To keep our school beautiful , we should avoid such behavior as spitting, littering, and scribbling in public places. Occasionally, some of us may talk loudly, quarreling with others or even do dangerous things, all of them can harm to the harmonious atmosphere of our school. As we know, civilized behavior is great importance. It not only shows our good qualities but also make us live and study happily at school, so we should obey the school rules and behave good. Only by doing so we live a more comfortable life on campus. 第二节 书面表达（满分 15 分） 你是某中学的学生李华。请用英语给出版社的编辑写一封信，表达你对现在使用的英语教 材的看法，内容主要包括： 优点： 1.话题广泛 2. 图片丰富 3. 有助于提高学习兴趣 建议： 适当降低词汇难度 注意：1.字数 100 左右；2. 可以适当增加细节，使行文连贯 ；3.开头已为你写好，不计入 总词数。 Dear Editor, As a student reader, I am writing to talk about the English textbooks published by house. your
Yours， Li Hua
兰州一中 2015-2016-1 学期期中考试答题卡
单词拼写： （每小题 1 分，共 15 分）
36. _______________ 37. _______________ 38. _____________ 39. ________________
40. _______________ 41. _______________ 42. _____________ 43. ________________
44. _______________ 45. _______________ 46. _____________ 47. ________________
49. _______________ 50. _____________
语法填空： （每小题 1 分，共 10 分）
51. _______________ 52. _______________ 53. _____________ 54. ________________
55. _______________ 56. _______________ 57. _____________ 58. ________________
短文改错： （每小题 1 分，共 10 分） It’s great pleasure for me to make a speech here. With a new term come, we are happy to be back at school and hope to see our school taken on a new look. To keep our school beautiful , we should avoid such behavior as spitting, littering, and scribbling in public places. Occasionally, some of us may talk loudly, quarreling with others or even do dangerous things, all of them can harm to the harmonious
atmosphere of our school. As we know, civilized behavior is great importance. It not only shows our good qualities but also make us live and study happily at school, so we should obey the school rules and behave good. Only by doing so we live a more comfortable life on campus.
书面表达（满分 15 分） 你是某中学的学生李华。请用英语给出版社的编辑写一封信，表达你对现在使用的英语教 材的看法，内容主要包括： 优点： 1.话题广泛 2. 图片丰富 3. 有助于提高学习兴趣 建议： 适当降低词汇难度 注意：1.字数 100 左右；2. 可以适当增加细节，使行文连贯； 3.开头已为你写好，不计入 总词数。
Dear Editor, As a student reader, I am wri ting to talk about the English textbooks published by your house.
- 10 -
_____________________________________________________________________________ Yours, Li Hua
阅读理解（每小题 2 分 共 30 分） 1-4 DDAB 5-7 BDA 8-10 CDA 11-15 CGDEB
完形填空（每小题 1 分 共 20 分） 16-20 DCABC 21-25.DABCD 26-30 ABADC 31-35.ACDBB
单词拼写（每小题 1 分 共 15 分） 36.exposed surroundings 41. deliberately 45. informed 46. representing cautiously 47. injury 48. construction 49. previous 50. 42. accused 43. professional 44. constantly 37. ceremony 38. illegal 39. convenient 40.
语法填空（每小题 1 分 共 10 分） 51. when 52 unfortunately 53 shut 54. on 55.
- 11 -
Left 56 the most precious. 60. that 57. had noticed 58. hers 59.listening
短文改错（每小题 1 分 共 10 分） It’s/a\ great pleasure for me to make a speech here. With a new term come(coming), we are happy to be back at school and hope to see our school taken(take) on a new look. To keep our school beautiful ,we should avoid such behavior as spitting, littering, and scribbling in public places. Occasionally, some of us may talk loudly, quarreling (quarrel) with others or even do dangerous things, all of them (which) can harm to(to\) the harmonious atmosphere of our school. As we know, civilized behavior is /of\great importance. It not only shows our good qualities but also make(makes) us live and study happily at school, so we should obey the school rules and behave good(well). Only by doing so/can\ we live a more comfortable life on campus. 书面表达（共 15 分） As a student reader, I am writing to talk about the English textbooks published by your house. These books have many advantages. One of them is that we can find a variety of topics , such as science, culture, and history. These topics , I think , are very popular with us students. What’s more, along with the texts there are many beautiful and colorful pictures, which can help us understand English better. Even the students who used to dislike English have turned out to be interested in the subject. However, some of the texts have too many new words and expressions which are hard for us. Therefore, I’d like to suggest changing them into easier ones. Best wishes, Yours Li Hua
- 12 -